FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

MAX 10 Ethernet Error

SSD001
Beginner

Hi Friends

I am using a MAX 10 CPLD (10M16SAUI169I7G) which is connected to LS1012A processor using 10/100  Media independent Interface.The max10 is used for acquiring the data from the ADC based on the instruction from the CPU.The MAX10 does not receive the UDP packets  from the processor at random time.The Triple speed Ethernet IP receiver is configured in promiscuous mode.

ETHERNET IP CORE USED : Triple Speed Ethernet 18.1

CPLD Used : 10M16SAU169I7G

Processor Used In Board : LS1012A

Mode of Communication between in Processor and CPLD : Media Independent Interface 10/100

Software Tool used : Quartus Lite Version 18.1

IP Core : Triple Speed Ethernet

CPU USED : NXP layerscape 1012A Low Power Communication Processor  

CPU Part number : LS1012A

At the Time of the Ethernet hang i am receiving data at the PHY chip level but when i set the Trigger at ff_rx_sop (rising_edge) the Signal Tap analyzer  the file says it in acquiring state as shown in the image  below.

With Regards
S.D.Shandeep
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

From your signal_tap debug, that means it doesn't detect any assertion of ff_rx_sop signal. Nothing is coming out from TSE MAC Rx to FPGA core logic

• It's either something is already corrupted from PHY Rx to FPGA Rx side
  • or some issue with your signal_tap sampling clock (fpga_mii_tx_clk)

You can set signal_tap trigger condition to "don't care" stage instead of trigger rising edge

Also you can probe TSE rx_err[5:0] to try identify what kind of error that you are facing

Another common debug approach is to enable TSE internal loopback to isolate whether the issue is inside FPGA or outside on your board setup

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided in Feb.

This thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel support agent. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos