FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Megafunction: Switch

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I came across Switch 11.0(Megafunction name) in megafunction wizard when i choose edit the existing custom megafunction variation. May i know what is the Switch 11.0?  

There is no way i can find the related info. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Why you didn't press the information button in the MegaWizard?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Information button? i don't see it in the megawizard. Where it is located?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When you create an instance of the respective MegaFunction.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You are right when u know where to look for the IP in the megafunction. In my case, it is different. Previously an IP was created and i was trying to edit the parameter of the IP. So i choose to edit the existing custom megafunction variation, a dialog box pops out to let you select the IP.v file. I accidentaly came across Switch 11.0 under Megafunction name, a list of megafunction(bottom of dialog box). However, i can't find it in create new custom megafunction variation. I hope this clear the confusion.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It should help to know, that switch is a Video IP. http://www.altera.com/literature/ug/ug_vip.pdf 

I also didn't know what it is, but found it in the MegaWizard within a few 10 seconds.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I overlook it. Thanks for your info.