FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

NIOS II f is available only for companies?!

johnny_mnemonic
Beginner

NIOS II f is available only for companies?!

I started developing my project with NIOS II e.

I hoped I will be able to buy the full fledged NIOS II f in the future after the project is done.

Unfortunately Intel doesn't allow private persons to buy the full fledged NIOS II f!

It's really sad. It must be a warning written using VERY BIG FONT that it can be bought only by companies before anyone starts investing a lot of time and efforts in it.

Total despair. "Thank" you Intel!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Where are you seeing this restriction?  Anybody can get a license for the f processor.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @johnny_mnemonic,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
Apologies for the situation face, but I believe that is not the case, NIOS II f should be available with appropriate licenses as mention.

Perhaps can you share with us on what quartus version you are using? And where did you see such error or restriction message on stopping you to proceeding?
Any other details would be helpful for us to start investigate and get back to you.

Warm regards.
BB

0 Kudos
john_mnemon
Beginner

Hello everyone!

Unfortuantely I was right.

For buying it you must have a company name.

But it's not the worst. It seems you must buy a full version of Quartus for 3k usd to be able to buy the full fledged NIOS for 500 usd. So the total would be 3.5k.

I asked the person who seems to be an Intel employee about it.

Fortunately he will post a response soon.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @johnny_mnemonic,

Seems that the other post where you get more relevant clarification from the sales and marketing team.
Glad that they are able to provide you with help and I believe they will be in a better position to advice on this perspective.

Hence with that, as this post are similar clarification with the other, we will be proceed to closing this post.
Please do let us know if there is any concern in this regards or any other clarification that we can help you with.

Warm regards.
BB

0 Kudos
john_mnemon
Beginner
0 Kudos