FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Native Floating Point DSP Intel Arria IP

Sean2
Beginner

When I used the Native Floating Point DSP Intel Arria IP on Quartus Standard Edition 18.1 and 20.1, the clock input signal is a type conduit instead of a clock input. I am not able to connect anything to this input unless I export the signal. However, when I use the Pro edition of Quartus, I do not have this issue. Is there a reason the clock for this IP is a conduit in the Standard Edition? Is there a way around this where I can connect a signal to the IP clock?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiry related to the port type of the clock input for Native Floating Point DSP Intel Arria IP. Sorry as I do not have specific answer to why the conduit type are different between Quartus Std vs Pro. However, as I understand it, generally the new enhancement will only be in Pro version.

As a workaround, you might need to export out and connect the clock at RTL. Sorry for the inconvenince. 

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos