FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Need to know the cost of licensing the Intel VIP color plane sequencer IP

CKOCH2
Beginner

Putting together a project proposal, and for budget planning reasons I need to know how much this IP costs to license and how to go about obtaining a license.

In case it matters, the application is a one-off testbed based on a DE10-standard reference design for our internal R&D and not commercialization.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vgs
Beginner

The license can be quite expensive for a one-off project that does not go to production. Probably thousands of dollars in this case. It looks like the evaluation flow would be more appropriate for your needs. The evaluation flow can be used to generate time-limited device programming files. In the case of the VIP IPs, there should also be a tethered mode which would allow you to run a design indefinitely if you maintain a JTAG connection with a host PC running Quartus.

Information on the evaluation flow and how to purchase a license (you will need to register and probably talk to someone if you really need a license):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/megacore-ip.html

The video IP user guide should also contain information regarding the licensing and the evaluation flow.

0 Kudos
CKOCH2
Beginner

Hi vgs, thanks for the good info!

Tethered evaluation mode doesn't want to play nicely with linux running on the HPS, but perhaps if I keep poking around other forums I'll find someone who's done something similar.

Funny enough, I did try talking to someone, but always seem to end up the same place: right here in this forum!

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Intel FPGA IP core licensing purchase is typically handled by Intel distributor. You can refer to below link and find your region distributor.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

Intel forum is meant to support for technical issue debug and discussion.

If you encounter any licensing setup concern after you purchase the license then feel free to throw the question here and someone should be able to step in to help you out.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos