FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Nios 2 SDRAM IP seems to stall when I download hello world small on it.

Slipalong
Beginner

Hi Guy's,

Im a student and am learning FPGA. I have a Cyclone IV (EP4CE6E22C8N) dev board with SDRAM 4Mbyte Hynix HY57V641620ETP-7. I have built and downloaded the NIOS2 system and if I run code in on-chip memory 16K it works fine. I have added the SDRAM IP and it all seems to work. I can see the IP refreshing the SDRAM address and data pins wiggling, etc. 

I then run the memory test and the test fails and the SDRAM controller stops functioning. I also cant download code i I try to run from SDRAM. Get a download failure.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Slipalong,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Would it be convenient for you to share a screenshot of the qsys diagram and also the test failure message for us to better understand the situation?
At the mean time, maybe I would suggest to also check on the vector tab (reset and exception) with NIOS to ensure that the intended memory are selected.

Warm regards.
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Slipalong,

Good day, by any chances did you managed to look into the clarification mention? Please do let us know if that helps or any other clarification we can help with.

Warm regards

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Slipalong,

Hope this message find you well and good day, unfortunately as we do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

Warm Regards

BB

0 Kudos