FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Nios II/e Core maxm clock

praveenkumar
Beginner

Hello,

can anyone tell me the maximum  usable  clock frequency for Nios II/e Core .

in real time i am facing difficulty trying clock frequency more than 100 mhz.

can anyone give me the solution .

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

praveenkumar, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, I will transfer your thread to the proper department so they can assist you with this topic as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Supported numbers are shown here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ds/ds_nios2_perf.pdf

If you can't run it faster than 100 MHz, then there may be other timing issues in your design.  Have you created a .sdc file and performed timing analysis?

0 Kudos
praveenkumar
Beginner

Thanks for reply,

in the thread which you provided can't find regarding  cyclone iii .

can u assist with the timing analysis and also dma interrupt mechanism .

i have to receive 24 bytes using uart with dma .

Regards

praveen kumar

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The numbers in the document don't really matter.  What matters is that your design meets timing requirements for the device, which is what timing analysis is for.  Again, do you have a .sdc file?  Did you perform timing analysis to see what path(s) might be failing timing?

If you need help, you can get started with this training:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/course/odsw1115.html

0 Kudos
praveenkumar
Beginner

Thank you for reply .

i will get back to you after the training session  for further queries

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi praveenkumar,

Hope this message find you well and good day, as suggestion has been provided and further actions will be taken.

Hence with that we would be closing this case and if further queries required, please feel free to open a separate post and we would be more than happy to get back to you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

Warm regards

BB

0 Kudos