FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6352 Discussions

No output from Generic Serial Flash Interface Intel FPGA IP from basic commands.

RPind1
Beginner

I can not get any responses from the MT25QL512 using the Generic Serial Flash Interface.

I am using a MT25QL512 using a 10Mhz clock and running the following NIOS commands:

//enable chip   IOWR_32DIRECT(INTEL_GENERIC_SERIAL_FLASH_INTERFACE_TOP_0_AVL_CSR_BASE,FLASH_REG_CONTROL,0x01);       unsigned int number_bytes = 4;//5bit   unsigned int dummy_cycles = 0;//4bit   unsigned int opcode = 0x9f;       regvalue = (dummy_cycles << 16) |   (number_bytes << 12) |   (config_flash_cmd_data_type_read << 11) |   (config_flash_cmd_address_bytes_0 << 8) |   opcode ;   IOWR_32DIRECT(INTEL_GENERIC_SERIAL_FLASH_INTERFACE_TOP_0_AVL_CSR_BASE,FLASH_REG_CMD_SETTING,regvalue);   IOWR_32DIRECT(INTEL_GENERIC_SERIAL_FLASH_INTERFACE_TOP_0_AVL_CSR_BASE,FLASH_REG_CMD_CONTROL,1);   printf("\n Write Command : %x \n" , regvalue);   printf("\n ->: %x\n",IORD(INTEL_GENERIC_SERIAL_FLASH_INTERFACE_TOP_0_AVL_CSR_BASE,FLASH_REG_RD_DATA0) );   printf("\n ->: %x\n",IORD(INTEL_GENERIC_SERIAL_FLASH_INTERFACE_TOP_0_AVL_CSR_BASE,FLASH_REG_RD_DATA1) );

Previously , I was successfully in using this chip with the Serial Flash Controller II IP and was able to boot to flash and use it for ASMI.

Other things to note.

This is a single chip with chip select hardwired to on.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SyafieqS

Hi Robert,

Try to set the control register in parameter default setting for GSFI IP. Refer to link below how to set value bit for your device MT25QL512 of control register. By default, this bit is set to 0 (disable the output of the IP).

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-gen-sfi.pdf (p6)

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos