FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Obsolete APEX parts

srschiller
Novice

I am considering the purchase of some Altera branded APEX FPGAs (EP20K400EFI672-2X) from an OEM. These parts  are date coded 2020-07. 

Since intel acquired Altera in 2015 and these parts were obsoleted in 2017, could a 2020 dated coded population of parts be authentic? Could these have been manufactured with leftover die by Intel in 2020?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry to tell you that we do not provide device authentication to avoid the devices from grey market.

However, we will not recommend you to get devices that datecode is pass the Obsolete date. Intel did not provide any leftover devices after the obsolete date mention.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
srschiller
Novice

Thanks for your input.

Stan Schiller

0 Kudos