FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Odd TSE include error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is basically a repost but I realized it was better suited for this forum, I apologize for that. 

I am including all the TSE Megacore function libraries in my code. When I go to include the header files I am able to add 

# include "altera_avalon_tse.h"# include "altera_avalon_tse_system_info.h" # include "triple_speed_ethernet_regs.h"# include "triple_speed_ethernet.h"# include "altera_avalon_tse.h"# include "altera_avalon_tse_system_info.h" 

all successfully, but when I try to add 

# include "ins_tse_mac.h"# include "triple_speed_ethernet_iniche.h" 

or 

# include "iniche/ins_tse_mac.h"# include "iniche/triple_speed_ethernet_iniche.h" 

it errors and states that there is no such file or directory. I'm not sure how it's finding the other files but not these two. When I navigate down to the folder they should be in I see them there. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there any file where you will have to include the paths. I have no idea what the problem is but when I had "files cannot be found problem" I looked for the file where you specify the path of those files.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

also check and make sure that those files you are calling are set up and included as a part of your project

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So for anyone who happens to look at this later, the source of my problem was that I had installed the software to my F: but it was expecting to find all the libraries on my C: If you plan on using Altera examples and software as a starting point I highly encourage everyone to install everything to the default drive.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Then how did it find the other files?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To be honest I'm not entirely sure! However in my case when I had Quartus installed to my F: the Simple Socket Server example would always fail to build since it couldn't find ipport.h and other includes. Now I can build the example with it installed to my C: This weekend I plan on investigating it some more since I need the various internet protocol includes but I don't need UDP or TCP or anything like that. I'll post if I have anything of note to say. 

I expect that some libraries still need to be added to a project for it to work, but it expects them on the C:
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks. If you find any thing interesting post it. Thanks!

0 Kudos