FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Odd TSE include error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is basically a repost but I realized it was better suited for this forum, I apologize for that. 

I am including all the TSE Megacore function libraries in my code. When I go to include the header files I am able to add 

# include "altera_avalon_tse.h"# include "altera_avalon_tse_system_info.h" # include "triple_speed_ethernet_regs.h"# include "triple_speed_ethernet.h"# include "altera_avalon_tse.h"# include "altera_avalon_tse_system_info.h" 

all successfully, but when I try to add 

# include "ins_tse_mac.h"# include "triple_speed_ethernet_iniche.h" 

or 

# include "iniche/ins_tse_mac.h"# include "iniche/triple_speed_ethernet_iniche.h" 

it errors and states that there is no such file or directory. I'm not sure how it's finding the other files but not these two. When I navigate down to the folder they should be in I see them there. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there any file where you will have to include the paths. I have no idea what the problem is but when I had "files cannot be found problem" I looked for the file where you specify the path of those files.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

also check and make sure that those files you are calling are set up and included as a part of your project

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So for anyone who happens to look at this later, the source of my problem was that I had installed the software to my F: but it was expecting to find all the libraries on my C: If you plan on using Altera examples and software as a starting point I highly encourage everyone to install everything to the default drive.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Then how did it find the other files?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To be honest I'm not entirely sure! However in my case when I had Quartus installed to my F: the Simple Socket Server example would always fail to build since it couldn't find ipport.h and other includes. Now I can build the example with it installed to my C: This weekend I plan on investigating it some more since I need the various internet protocol includes but I don't need UDP or TCP or anything like that. I'll post if I have anything of note to say. 

I expect that some libraries still need to be added to a project for it to work, but it expects them on the C:
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks. If you find any thing interesting post it. Thanks!