FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

OpenCore Plus with SignalTap

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Newbie here - please be gentle :-) 

I'm using OpenCore Plus to evaluate an Altera megafunction, and getting the expected limitations with either having to be tethered or timed out. When tethered, after configuring the FPGA there is a message box that grabs focus warning me of the limitations - which if I cancel, stops my application. This stops me getting to SignalTap to debug and verify my design - which seems counter productive to the whole process. 

In my view the message box warning is valid, but it should allow me to cancel it, or move to a different window, without killing the app. I can work around the issue by either unplugging the USB Blaster from the target before cancelling the warning, then reconnecting and firing up SignalTap; or by running SignalTap in another instance of Quartus. But its a pain. 

Am I missing something, are there other workarounds, or is this a standard issue irritance? 

simonsse
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the easiest way to get around this is to open 2 quartus windows. One for programming the FPGA, and the other for signaltap. 

--dalon
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yeah i faced the same issue..but seems like its normal practice to do what dalon mentioned.. 

But i do agree that its unintuitive to new users
0 Kudos