FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

PCI configuration writes not working

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a 64-bit PCI master/target that I build in SOPC Builder v11.1 SP2. (We want the Avalon-MM back end, and this is the last version where this is available.) 

I am using the Altera PCI test bench to generate PCI transactions. The first thing that happens is a configuration write of 0x0147 to the Command Register; the transaction appears to happen correctly (the Altera PCI monitor in the test bench indicates no problems). A little later this register is read back, but the contents are still 0x0000. Following that, some memory and I/O reads are attempted, but all are aborted because the PCI does not respond, presumable because it has not been enabled for either I/O or memory reads due to the failed configuration write. 

Has anyone else had this experience? Can anyone suggest a solution for what might be happening here? 

I've attached screen captures of both the command register write and read transactions.
0 Kudos
0 Replies