FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5954 Discussions

PCIE GEN 2 Speed grade in A10 FPGA

CLeon14
Beginner

Hello, My targeted A10 device is 10ax057h4f34e3vg. However I found from the A10 PCIE user guide, the recommended speed grade for all PCIE GEN is 1 and 2 only.

What is the reason speed grade is not recommended? I am now successfully compile the PCIE GEN 2 design in 10ax057h4f34e3vg and I don't see any timing warning.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

The core speed rate of this A10 device is -3.

As per table 7 in the link below, the Gen 3 is supported in x2 with 128 bits interface and x4 with 256bits interface. Other settings may have timing concerns so that it is not recommended.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_a10_pcie_avst.pdf

Regards -SK

SengKok_L_Intel

This is to inform you that, I am putting the status of this case to close-pending. If you’re still in need of assistance, please reopen this case within the next 20 days.