FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

PCIE errors

CLeon14
Beginner

I am compiling a Q19.4 with 2 PCIe Gen3 x8 and get an errors which compiles succesfully with Q18.1.1

I get this error message:

Error(14996): The Fitter failed to find a legal placement for all periphery components

Error(14986): After placing as many components as possible, the following errors remain:

Error(13081): The Fitter cannot route to 1 clock core fanout

Error(16234): No legal location could be found out of 31 considered location(s). Reasons why each location could not be used are summarized below:

Error(177003): Fitter encountered congestion in the clock network while routing from source auto-promoted clock driver to the clock core fanout

Error(14903): The following regions are not compatible given the current clock driver placement (30 locations affected)

Error(13081): The Fitter cannot route to 1 clock core fanout

Error(16234): No legal location could be found out of 31 considered location(s). Reasons why each location could not be used are summarized below:  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Maybe you can remove all user constraint from the QSF and let quartus auto fit the design.

User1573261788318367

I have seen this error before when choosing invalid pin placement, direction, and/or I/O standard for the PCIe pins.

CLeon14
Beginner

Thank you. I am able to get it fix after remove some location assignment.