FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5745 Discussions

PCIe Avalon-MM DMA MSIs assignment of AN829

Ursa
Beginner

Dear All,

Before starting our own project, I am trying to program the Windows KMDF driver firstly on Arria 10 GX dev board based on the AN829 example.

In the doc of AN829, I found the "Number of MSI messages requested" is 4, however I don't know the purpose of each MSI, eg. which one is for reading, writing or something else? Can anyone tell me the detailed descriptions of MSIs of AN829 example? Thanks a lot. I need to distinguish the messages from each other in ISR.

By the way, how can I assign an MSI ID for different interrupt purpose? It seems that I can only set the number of MSI messages like this.

Ursa_0-1608695815073.jpeg

Best regards,

Ursa

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

Kindly find the details of the MSI interrupt on page no: 97 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_a10_pcie_avmm.pdf

for detailed description 

Ursa
Beginner

@Rahul_S_Intel1 Hi Rahul,

Thanks for guiding. Looks like I need to access the register 0x3060(PCI Express to Avalon-MM Interrupt Status Register for Endpoints) to distinguish the signals, but I don't know how to access Avalon-MM Control and Status Register Address Spaces from Windows side. Should I expose these spaces through a BAR? Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Ursa
Beginner

@Rahul_S_Intel1 Hi Rahul,

Thanks for guiding. Looks like I need to access the register 0x3060(PCI Express to Avalon-MM Interrupt Status Register for Endpoints) to distinguish the MSI signals. But I don't know how to access the Avalon-MM Control and Status Register Address Spaces from Windows side. Should I expose these address spaces through a BAR? Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ursa