FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5990 Discussions

PCIe Avalon MM w/ DMA port to Gen2 x1 Layer on Avalon-ST?

Kris
Novice

Hello,

I am attempting to port a PCIe Avalon-MM w/ DMA flavor's 'APP' and 'DMA' layer to layer on top of an Avalon-ST flavor of the PCIe Hard IP core. Looking at the design, there seems to be a particular interface that differs between the 2 flavors -- namely the MSI. Are interface signals listed below somehow implicitly wired internally to the PCIe Hard-IP, or are they not used?

output logic [81:0] AvMsiIntfc_o,
output logic [15:0] AvMsixIntfc_o,
output logic [15:0] Msi_control_o,

Looking at it in RTL viewer, it appears to not route anywhere downstream. I also seem to believe completions are in band and are handled at a packet level and thus be handled by the read/write data mover logic.

On another note, if there is a better method to leveraging the DMA IP to a Gen2 x2 and lower PCIe version, I am open to recommendation to do so...

Kris

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know which device you are using? Could you share the IP file with settings and the screenshot of the RTL viewer ?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY