FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

PCIe Hardip going from x1-to-x4 Error "transmit_pcs0" has illegal fan-out

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have a design with a PCIe HardIP in Stratix IV, both RootP and EndP which work fine as Gen-1, X1. 

Now I am trying to upgrade and go for Gen-1, X4 while keeping everything the same (125Mhz clock, 64Bit FIFO, etc.) 

So when I compile I get this error: 

error (15798): output port hiptxclkout of gxb transmitter channel pcs atom "transmit_pcs0" has illegal fan-out to input port pclkcentral of atom "pcie_mgwz_rp_plus:rp|pcie_mgwz_rp:rpmap|pcie_mgwz_rp_core:wrapper|altpcie_hip_pipen1b:altpcie_hip_pipen1b_inst|stratix_iv.stratixiv_hssi_pcie_hip". the output port can drive only port pclkch0 of hssi_pcie_hip atom 

error (15792): output port hiptxclkout of atom "transmit_pcs0" cannot drive multiple destinations. it must drive only one pclkch0 input port of hssi_pcie_hip atom  

This looks like an internal IP problem which is under the Wizard's control, no? 

Can you help? 

Thanks, 

Shvitzer
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The solution is to simply delete the serdes BEFORE regenerating the new PCIe ! Altera Wizard does not do it... 

Cheers 

Shvitzer
0 Kudos