FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5988 Discussions

PCIe Hardip going from x1-to-x4 Error "transmit_pcs0" has illegal fan-out

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have a design with a PCIe HardIP in Stratix IV, both RootP and EndP which work fine as Gen-1, X1. 

Now I am trying to upgrade and go for Gen-1, X4 while keeping everything the same (125Mhz clock, 64Bit FIFO, etc.) 

So when I compile I get this error: 

error (15798): output port hiptxclkout of gxb transmitter channel pcs atom "transmit_pcs0" has illegal fan-out to input port pclkcentral of atom "pcie_mgwz_rp_plus:rp|pcie_mgwz_rp:rpmap|pcie_mgwz_rp_core:wrapper|altpcie_hip_pipen1b:altpcie_hip_pipen1b_inst|stratix_iv.stratixiv_hssi_pcie_hip". the output port can drive only port pclkch0 of hssi_pcie_hip atom 

error (15792): output port hiptxclkout of atom "transmit_pcs0" cannot drive multiple destinations. it must drive only one pclkch0 input port of hssi_pcie_hip atom  

This looks like an internal IP problem which is under the Wizard's control, no? 

Can you help? 

Thanks, 

Shvitzer
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The solution is to simply delete the serdes BEFORE regenerating the new PCIe ! Altera Wizard does not do it... 

Cheers 

Shvitzer