FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Parallel Flash Loader

BrianWissel
Beginner

We are using a MAX10 to configure an Arria V, serving as the bridge between Arria V and the 4 memory devices.  I have noticed the fpga_nconfig is not being pulled low to initiate configuration but the Arria V is still being configured.

The device is configured at power up, is there something in the IP that allows configuration to take place at power up without fpga_nconfig?

Attached is a scope capture of fpga_nstatus (bottom trace) and fpga_nconfig (top trace) at power on.

The version of altparallel_flash_loader is WM1.0.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Yes, you are right.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Brian,

Are you referring to Arria V's nCONFIG pin right? As per the user guide, it needs to be pulled high for configuration.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-v/av_5v2.pdf *Page 280)

Thank You

BrianWissel
Beginner

YuanLi_S,

Yes I am referring to the Arria V nConfig pin.

I just want to confirm correct operation as the nConfig pin is never "released" high by the PFL engine, rather it rises with the power supply and stays high.  I just want to confirm that this is correct, reference my attachment in my original post.

Thanks,

Brian

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Yes, you are right.