FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Pin requirements to use JESD204B

YTagu5
Beginner

Hi,

I'm planning to use EVAL-AD9656 ADC card manufactured by Analog Devices with Arria 10 or Cyclone V board.

The ADC card has FMC HPC connector and communicates with JESD204B. Before buying FPGA board, I'd like to check pin connection to know whether the board works with this ADC card. I have pin connection info provided by FPGA board manufacturer, so I could confirm that pins of ADC card for JESD204Bs are connected to some LVDS IO of FPGA. However, since I don't have any experience with JESD204B, I don't know which pin can be used to communicate with JESD204B.

For Xilinx, it seems that we have to use  GTP/GTX/GTH gigabit transceivers for JESD204B. However, I could not find such hardware pin requirement for Arria 10 nor Cyclone V. May I use any LVDS IO pins for JESD204B in Intel FPGA?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For Intel Arria 10, JESD 204B IP needs to be used with transceiver pins. You cannot use LVDS IO pin for JESD204B implemented using Intel FPGA.

Regards,

Nathan

YTagu5
Beginner

Thank you for the information. It helped me deciding appropriate design.

0 Kudos
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee

Sure. Glad that my response was helpful.

0 Kudos