FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5984 Discussions

Placing the ALT2GXB on the EP2SGX90FF1508C3............

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am using the ALT2GXB in my design with the Stratix II GX EP2SGX90FF1508C3, 

I used two ALT2GXB one as transmitter and other as receiver. 

I connected the serial line TX_dataout and RX_datain to the pin locations G4(GXB_TX_3P) & G1(GXB_RX_3P) 

and selected the IO standard as the 1.5 PCML. 

While doing the Fitting i got the following errors... 

Error: Can't place I/O "tx_dataout" in location Pin_G4 because the location assignment requires  

GXB Central Control Unit "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" to be  

placed in location GXBCMU_X89_Y60_N0, but GXB Central Control Unit  

"ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a conflict location assignment  

GXBCMU_X89_Y9_N0 

Error: Can't place GXB Receiver channel "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_rec[0].receive"  

in location GXBRX_X89_Y46_N1 because the location assignment requires GXB Central Control Unit  

"alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" to be placed in location  

GXBCMU_X89_Y43_N0, but GXB Central Control Unit  

"alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a conflict location  

assignment GXBCMU_X89_Y9_N0 

Error: Can't place I/O "rx_datain" in location Pin_G1 because the location assignment requires  

GXB Central Control Unit "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" to be  

placed in location GXBCMU_X89_Y60_N0, but GXB Central Control Unit 

"alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a conflict location assignment 

GXBCMU_X89_Y9_N0 

Error: Can't fit design in device 

Then I assigned the "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" to location GXBCMU_X89_Y60_N0 

and "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" to be  

placed in location GXBCMU_X89_Y60_N0 

the error came like this........ 

Error: Can't place GXB Central Control Unit "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" in location GXBCMU_X89_Y60_N0. That location is already occupied by node "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit". 

Error: The Quartus II software could not combine the following GXB Central Control Unit(s) due to inconsistent parameters and/or input connections 

Error: Parameter "DPRIO configuration mode" must have the same value 

Info: Atom "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a value of "pma_electricals = true" 

Info: Atom "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a value of "pma_electricals = false" 

Info: Atom "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a value of "channel_internals = true" 

Info: Atom "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a value of "channel_internals = false" 

Error: Input port "QUADRESET" must be driven by the same source 

Info: Atom "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" is driven by source "gxb_powerdown" 

Info: Atom "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" is driven by source "rx_gxb_powerdown" 

Error: Input port "DPRIOCLK" must be driven by the same source 

Info: Atom "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" is driven by source "inclk0" 

Info: Atom "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" is driven by source "gnd" 

What is to be done please reply.......
0 Kudos
0 Replies