FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Placing the ALT2GXB on the EP2SGX90FF1508C3............

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am using the ALT2GXB in my design with the Stratix II GX EP2SGX90FF1508C3, 

I used two ALT2GXB one as transmitter and other as receiver. 

I connected the serial line TX_dataout and RX_datain to the pin locations G4(GXB_TX_3P) & G1(GXB_RX_3P) 

and selected the IO standard as the 1.5 PCML. 

While doing the Fitting i got the following errors... 

Error: Can't place I/O "tx_dataout" in location Pin_G4 because the location assignment requires  

GXB Central Control Unit "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" to be  

placed in location GXBCMU_X89_Y60_N0, but GXB Central Control Unit  

"ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a conflict location assignment  

GXBCMU_X89_Y9_N0 

Error: Can't place GXB Receiver channel "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_rec[0].receive"  

in location GXBRX_X89_Y46_N1 because the location assignment requires GXB Central Control Unit  

"alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" to be placed in location  

GXBCMU_X89_Y43_N0, but GXB Central Control Unit  

"alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a conflict location  

assignment GXBCMU_X89_Y9_N0 

Error: Can't place I/O "rx_datain" in location Pin_G1 because the location assignment requires  

GXB Central Control Unit "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" to be  

placed in location GXBCMU_X89_Y60_N0, but GXB Central Control Unit 

"alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a conflict location assignment 

GXBCMU_X89_Y9_N0 

Error: Can't fit design in device 

Then I assigned the "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" to location GXBCMU_X89_Y60_N0 

and "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" to be  

placed in location GXBCMU_X89_Y60_N0 

the error came like this........ 

Error: Can't place GXB Central Control Unit "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" in location GXBCMU_X89_Y60_N0. That location is already occupied by node "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit". 

Error: The Quartus II software could not combine the following GXB Central Control Unit(s) due to inconsistent parameters and/or input connections 

Error: Parameter "DPRIO configuration mode" must have the same value 

Info: Atom "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a value of "pma_electricals = true" 

Info: Atom "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a value of "pma_electricals = false" 

Info: Atom "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a value of "channel_internals = true" 

Info: Atom "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" has a value of "channel_internals = false" 

Error: Input port "QUADRESET" must be driven by the same source 

Info: Atom "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" is driven by source "gxb_powerdown" 

Info: Atom "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" is driven by source "rx_gxb_powerdown" 

Error: Input port "DPRIOCLK" must be driven by the same source 

Info: Atom "ALT_TX:inst|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" is driven by source "inclk0" 

Info: Atom "alt2gxb1:inst1|alt2gxb:alt2gxb_component|channel_quad[0].cent_unit" is driven by source "gnd" 

What is to be done please reply.......
0 Kudos
0 Replies