FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Problem with DSPB Input

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello All, 

The input block of DSBP is connected to the input block (to the output) of SIMULINK. The SIMULINK input block takes a row vector of 16 elements, but the DSPB input block throws an error saying that the input should be a 1 dimensional vector with 1 element.  

Hence, please let me as how do i make the DSPB input block to accept 16 elements in one take. 

Best Regards, 

Anitha
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need to use the Simulink Demux block to break up the vector input into multiple signals. You will then have to create multiple Input blocks to feed these into.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Expect for the input and output blocks, I cannot use any other SIMULINK blocks in the model as they are not synthesizable into the FPGA. All I can use the DSPB blocks and hence the issue as mentioned earlier.  

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can use other simulink blocks so long as they are not in the synthesizable part of the design. The DSPB Input and Output blocks delimit what will be synthesized, so put the Demux on the "simulink" side of the input block to achieve what you want. 

It's hard to be specific without a model.
0 Kudos