FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6354 Discussions

Problem with IP core Plus

MSenk1
Beginner

I do have a design that works fine with Intel Open Core Plus and time-limited .sof files.

Now I generated a new revision and changed the device to a device that fits my demo board from10CX150YF672E5G to 10CX220YF780E5G.

Now no .sof file is generated any more and I see this warning:

Warning(18390): Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode (Simulation-Only) feature is turned on for all cores in the design.

How can I get a time-limited .sof file again? I found no setting for 'Simulation-Only'.

regards

Mike

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Apologize for the inconvenience. A possible reason for this occurrence is that you do not have a license for these cores. Additionally, the Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode feature has been disabled for this design.

Alternatively, you could also request a temporary 60-days evaluation license. Kindly contact your local sales representative or distributor.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

0 Kudos
MSenk1
Beginner

Thank you,

of course I have no license for the core. The distributor tells me that there is no 60 days evaluation license available for these cores.

So we are back to the question why the open core works fine (see attachment)

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 11.38.13.pngand when I change the device it is no longer working, although it is enabled and I get this warning

Warning(18390): Intel FPGA IP Evaluation Mode (Simulation-Only) feature is turned on for all cores in the design.

regards

Mike

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

We are unable to replicate your issue at our side. Could you provide your design file for more understanding your issue? You can also reply/attach your file in private message.

MSenk1
Beginner

Thanks for your help.

With your answer we finally got a 60 days license.

regards

Mike

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir, thanks for your update

0 Kudos