FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Problem with signal compiler

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I was working with DSP Builder, but today I couldnt, because signal compiler doesnt work,  

Many days before, I checked that quartus_map process run while signal compiler is running, but today I check the same process and the process is not using CPU usage. 

I was thinking that some modification suffer the java interaction but I not sure. 

Or could be path problems, but I already check and it is correct. 

If anybody have solved this problem, please helpme!!!
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need to provide some more info for us to help you. Please post an exact description of what you're seeing perhaps including screenshots.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello  

The screenshoot shows the signal compiler and the task manager. The process quartus_map.exe is freeze with cero CPU resources. This situation not finish the compilation process. 

Thanks a lot dabuk
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'll take your word for it on the CPU usage. It's a bit small for me to make out. 

Do you do any Java development on your computer? 

Have you by any chance set the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS environment variable? (Use getenv in MATLAB to find out if you're not sure).
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In this case the CPU usage is 0 

Concerning to Java development, Im dont think so.  

I also downgrade the Java software, in order to check, but the problem was not solve. 

I ran the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS as a command in Matlab, but the result are the same with other computer that is running now. 

Thank you dabuk
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the previous image, it is not posible to see the detail. Let me upload a word file. 

The problem is not solve yet. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Uninstalling Java would make no difference, since it's included as part of Quartus. 

What exactly does the MATLAB command "getenv JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS" give you? Anything other than an empty string could cause problems.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is the result: 

>> getenv JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS 

ans = 

'' 

>>  

I think it is correct, because I have another computer running DSPBuilder. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes that looks fine. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Have you changed anything on your computer since it last worked?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I work everyday with the same computer, but I didnt do any change.  

It is strange, because the problem stop the process of synthesis and. looks like if something left to continue.  

I compiled a program with quartus II and the process was normal. 

The problem is in the interface with DSP Builder. 

Today, I unistalled matlab, and DSp Builder, then I installed again. The problem continue. 

Thanks dabuk
0 Kudos