FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5990 Discussions

Problem with signal compiler

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I was working with DSP Builder, but today I couldnt, because signal compiler doesnt work,  

Many days before, I checked that quartus_map process run while signal compiler is running, but today I check the same process and the process is not using CPU usage. 

I was thinking that some modification suffer the java interaction but I not sure. 

Or could be path problems, but I already check and it is correct. 

If anybody have solved this problem, please helpme!!!
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You need to provide some more info for us to help you. Please post an exact description of what you're seeing perhaps including screenshots.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello  

The screenshoot shows the signal compiler and the task manager. The process quartus_map.exe is freeze with cero CPU resources. This situation not finish the compilation process. 

Thanks a lot dabuk
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'll take your word for it on the CPU usage. It's a bit small for me to make out. 

Do you do any Java development on your computer? 

Have you by any chance set the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS environment variable? (Use getenv in MATLAB to find out if you're not sure).
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In this case the CPU usage is 0 

Concerning to Java development, Im dont think so.  

I also downgrade the Java software, in order to check, but the problem was not solve. 

I ran the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS as a command in Matlab, but the result are the same with other computer that is running now. 

Thank you dabuk
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the previous image, it is not posible to see the detail. Let me upload a word file. 

The problem is not solve yet. 

Thanks
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Uninstalling Java would make no difference, since it's included as part of Quartus. 

What exactly does the MATLAB command "getenv JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS" give you? Anything other than an empty string could cause problems.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is the result: 

>> getenv JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS 

ans = 

'' 

>>  

I think it is correct, because I have another computer running DSPBuilder. 

Thanks
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes that looks fine. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Have you changed anything on your computer since it last worked?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I work everyday with the same computer, but I didnt do any change.  

It is strange, because the problem stop the process of synthesis and. looks like if something left to continue.  

I compiled a program with quartus II and the process was normal. 

The problem is in the interface with DSP Builder. 

Today, I unistalled matlab, and DSp Builder, then I installed again. The problem continue. 

Thanks dabuk