FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

Problem with university program IP cores

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I need to interface with off chip SRAM on the de2 board. The univeristy program ip cores provide an sram controller for this chip. However, when I install the cores from the University Program IP page on Altera's site they did not show up in the sopc builder components list. I proceed to add the cores manually by going to Tools -> Options -> IP search path. The cores showed up in SOPCB but when I add the controller and attempt to generate the system I got the following error.  

Error: sram: Generation callback did not provide a top level file (expected `add_file $output_dir/sram.v|vhd|sv {SIMULATION SYNTHESIS}`) 

as well as this warning... 

Warning: sram: get_generation_setting is deprecated, please use get_generation_property instead 

If anyone can tell me what these problems are and how to solve them I would greatly appreciate it.
0 Kudos
0 Replies