FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

Problems with PCI express IP Compiler and Pin Planner

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I began to study PCI Express system in order to implement on a FPGA. I'm using Stratix II GX development Kit board and i already am at the point to connect the pins of the FPGA using the Pin Planner Editor. The problem is that i don't know how to relate the signals in the top level generated by de PCI Express Ip Compiler and the correct pins on the FPGA. I really appreciate if anybody can give me a correct assignment file. The target FPGA is the EP2SGX90FF1508C3. Thank you very much in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

First, you need refer to Figure 5–41 of IP Compiler for PCIe User Guide to understand the PCIe Rx/Tx transceiver channels location assignments. 

The assignment is like this: 

Transceiver Ch0 --> PCIe Rx0/TX0 

Transceiver Ch1 --> PCIe Rx1/TX1 

Transceiver Ch2 --> PCIe Rx2/TX2 

Transceiver Ch3 --> PCIe Rx3/TX3 

... and so on 

The refer to the Stratix II device pin-out files to know the pin location assignment.