FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5950 Discussions

Quartus II 9.1 IP and IPs for older Quartus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am using Quartus II 9.1 and have 2 questions regarding DSP IPs: 

1) Which FIR compiler is included with Quartus II (9.1 and current): is it FIR Compiler or FIR Compiler II? 

2) With my version of Quartus II 9.1, I seem to have only FIR Compiler (I), so I wanted to testdrive FIR Compiler II. Is it possible to evaluate an IP from the IP MegaStore in an older version of Quartus II? 

In the MegaWizard Plug-In manager I selected IP Megastore->DSP->Filtering->FIR Compiler 9.0, then clicked "Download Core", but that directed me to a page telling me that "IP library is built into the Quartus® II software download file and installation process" leaving no other choice than downloading the full 10.1 Quartus II. 

I only wanted to try out FIR Compiler II with my 9.1 edition of Quartus II. 

(Note that I have a valid license for the Subscription Edition, but I do not want to switch version in the middle o a design). 

Thanks for your help, 

Alex
0 Kudos
0 Replies