FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

RX IDLE detect & Receiver Detect in Stratix 10 & Arria 10 Transceivers

HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am working on PCS development for a custom protocol.

1)There is some condition to detect the RX presence. Here, the Transmitter side must detect that the receiver connected @ the RX side or not. This is implemented in PCIe(PIPE) interface, but not available for other custom protocol. So, how to implement this logic for custom interface in Stratix 10 & Arria 10 Transceiver PHY.

2) On the receiver side, there is a requirement to detect whether the FAR end transmitter is in electrical IDLE or not. I thought of using  lock to data signal which will toggle if it is not getting the valid data. But, lock to data may be high for as long as 4us before it de-asserts. There is a requirement to detect within 1us whether the RX is in electrical IDLE or not. In PIPE interface, rx_std_signaldetect  signal is presented which tells the same thing. But, for the custom protocol, this signal is not available. What are the other options to know whether the RX is in Electrical IDLE or not quickly?

With regards,

HPB

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi HPB,

1. Receiver detection

[CP] As I understand, this feature is built in for the PIPE PHY but not normal Native PHY. I have no visibility into the circuitry or logic for the receiver detection and thus could not provide further comment on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. Signal detection

[CP] In Native PHY, you can enable rx_signal_detect port and 8b10b for the signal detection.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos