FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5990 Discussions

SD 3.0 host controller implementation using simplified spec (UHS-ii mode)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,I wish to develop a SD 3.0 host controller core in UHS-ii mode using just the simplified spec delivered by SD Association (I don't know whether there is another better free resource), and:1-till now, I still can't confirm if just that simplified spec is enough to get this core up, i hope not to go through a dead end road..2- the reason beside attempting to develop this core from the bottom point is the high license cost of SD controller, thus will i need to cover those huge fees even if i take this approach (develop my own core using simplified spec for just research purpose). But if i do need to, there is some practical way to get ride of it? (i will appreciate if you can also share with me the references if possible).3- Knowing that i'm not very familiarised with FPGA design, how much time it would take to complete this work?I will appreciate any help,thanks,Saad.

0 Kudos
0 Replies