FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5950 Discussions

Simulating in ModelSim-Altera a Block Diagram

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone! 

I have created a varied alt_pll from altera MegaCore. 

To test it I made a TB based on BDF such that the input signals to the alt_pll are from other block named "clk_reset_tb" which output a clock and reset as I defined inside it. 

As I understood, to simulate in ModelSim-Altera using NativeLink one must to have a VHDL file format and not a BDF, so I created from the BDF a VHDL file using the file -> create/update... 

I should mentioned that the VHDL file is "connecting" the blocks using the SYNTHESIZED_WIRE_0 and SYNTHESIZED_WIRE_1 internal signals. 

That's Ok, However, when I tried to simulate it in ModelSim-Altera it's shows me only the internal signals - SYNTHESIZED_WIRE_0 and SYNTHESIZED_WIRE_1 as the input signals to the alt_pll block, and not the clk+reset signals I wanted. 

Is there any way to present the clk and reset to ModelSim-Altera using that method (BDF)...?  

ThanX in advance
0 Kudos
0 Replies