FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5950 Discussions

Simulation stops before simtime

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Any ideas why a simulation would stop early? When I run the simulation, scopes show the full simtime. However, after about 2-15% of the simtime, simulation will stop. If I keep the simtime the same and simulate again, it will stop at the same number of cycles. If I reduce or increase the simtime, it will still stop at a different percentage. I have two models in my project. The other runs as expected. 

simtime = 36000 stops at T=2962 

simtime = 299600 stops at T=6062 

I'm using start time of 0 and stop time of simtime. Solver is set to Fixed-step discrete. 

Any input would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have no idea, but I have a few additional questions. 

When it stops can you run again? 

Which simulator are you using? 

How do you run a simulation?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When it stops can you run again? 

Yes. I get the chime sound same as when simulation completes normally. 

Which simulator are you using? 

Running inside Simulink. Only simulating the DSP system. 

How do you run a simulation? 

Ctrl-T to build and run 

Thanks!
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Found the issue! There was a simulink stop block hidden deep down in a subsystem that was being triggered by a data check. This was triggering due to some bad data in my matlab workspace. I inherited that portion of the model from another engineer. Pretty obvious now that I found it!