FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

State Machine Editor with DSP Builder- HDL file not generated

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using the Graphical State Machine Editor with DSP Builder and I noticed that after specifying my state machine and closing the state machine editor window that the inputs and outputs did not show up on my state machine block. I saw that in the Matlab command window it said, 

"Did not find the expected State Machine HDL file, BERTester.vhd". In fact there is no HDL file in my import directory, even after pressing the Generate HDL File button in the State Machine Editor. There is also no error generated. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Best Regards, 

RUSHALE
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Actually I have the same Problem. Do you know any Solution for that problem? 

Thx for any help!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

By the way I just discoverd my mistake. 

In the State Machine Editor Window were some error Messages. First I deleted them. 

When I selected "Create HDL Code" then, there were 2 errors. After solving the problems and deleting the messages again I was able to create the HDL code and my inputs and outputs appeared in my DSP design.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Klause, 

Thanks for your post! I've since given up on State Machine Editor, but if I try again I'll look for error messages in the State Machine Editor window.  

Best Regards, 

RUSHALE
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I'm using quartus version13.0 and want to verify whether the state machine is correct with the HDL code I have written and/or vice versa . However, I can't get HDL file generated after specifying a simple state machine using a State Machine editor. Vice versa, I also can't get to view the state machine from Verilog HDL code that I have written. Appreciate if anyone can help.

0 Kudos