FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

Stratix III FPGA - MegaWizard generated PLL, phase offset misalignment

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

My design contains a Stratix III FPGA and through the MegaWizard I've created a PLL with 10 output clocks. The input clock = 10 MHz, and all output clocks = 66 MHz. The phase offset of each clock is 45 degree apart from each other (i.e C0 = 0 degree, C1 = 45 degree, C2 = 90 degree, C3 = 125 degree, C4 = 180 degree...C7 = 315 degree, C8 = 0 degree, C9 = 45 degree). When I bring these output clocks out to a connector and hook up to an o'scope; and verify for the phase offset consistency, some of the phase offset are not quite aligned. Is there a test set up environment to properly measure/verify the phase offset? I just want to make sure it's not the board traces that caused the distortion or the PLL, itself causes the misalignment. Please advise. 

Thanks, 

Dave
0 Kudos
0 Replies