FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Stratix V Pci Express gen II x2 reference design

FPaol1
Beginner

Hi, i don't found this reference design (i only find x4 and x8)

I tried to modify the x4 design but it gives me error s listed below.

I modified in qsys:

-Number of lanes x2 in the DUT instance

-Application interface Avalon-ST 64-bit in the DUT instance

-Lanes x2 in the APPS instance

-Application interface Avalon-ST 64-bit in the APPS instance

-Number of reconfiguration interfaces 3 in the PCIe Reconfig Driver Intel FPGA IP

-Number of reconfiguration interfaces 3 in the Transceiver Reconfiguration Controller Intel FPGA IP

-I deleted the lanes in the top level file

Please help me

Info (16010): Generating hard_block partition "hard_block:auto_generated_inst"

Info (16011): Adding 106 node(s), including 0 DDIO, 0 PLL, 0 transceiver and 0 LCELL

Error: HSSI PMA TX Buffer node 'top:top|altpcie_sv_hip_ast_hwtcl:dut|altpcie_hip_256_pipen1b:altpcie_hip_256_pipen1b|sv_xcvr_pipe_native:g_xcvr.sv_xcvr_pipe_native|sv_xcvr_native:inst_sv_xcvr_native|sv_pma:inst_sv_pma|sv_tx_pma:tx_pma.sv_tx_pma_inst|sv_tx_pma_ch:tx_pma_insts[3].sv_tx_pma_ch_inst|tx_pma_ch.tx_pma_buf.tx_pma_buf' is not properly connected on the 'DATAOUT' port. It must be connected to one of the valid ports listed below.

Info: Can be connected to I port of stratixv_io_obuf WYSIWYG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi, I believe this is because the Quartus was referring to an incorrect file. If you are using an older version of design, but use it in a newer Quartus version, please try to remove the **.qip file from the project and add the newly generated ***.qsys file instead. Regards -SK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi, I believe this is because the Quartus was referring to an incorrect file. If you are using an older version of design, but use it in a newer Quartus version, please try to remove the **.qip file from the project and add the newly generated ***.qsys file instead. Regards -SK
0 Kudos
FPaol1
Beginner

​yes it works now, thanks!

0 Kudos