FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5990 Discussions

Stratix V Pci Express gen II x2 reference design

FPaol1
Beginner

Hi, i don't found this reference design (i only find x4 and x8)

I tried to modify the x4 design but it gives me error s listed below.

I modified in qsys:

-Number of lanes x2 in the DUT instance

-Application interface Avalon-ST 64-bit in the DUT instance

-Lanes x2 in the APPS instance

-Application interface Avalon-ST 64-bit in the APPS instance

-Number of reconfiguration interfaces 3 in the PCIe Reconfig Driver Intel FPGA IP

-Number of reconfiguration interfaces 3 in the Transceiver Reconfiguration Controller Intel FPGA IP

-I deleted the lanes in the top level file

Please help me

Info (16010): Generating hard_block partition "hard_block:auto_generated_inst"

Info (16011): Adding 106 node(s), including 0 DDIO, 0 PLL, 0 transceiver and 0 LCELL

Error: HSSI PMA TX Buffer node 'top:top|altpcie_sv_hip_ast_hwtcl:dut|altpcie_hip_256_pipen1b:altpcie_hip_256_pipen1b|sv_xcvr_pipe_native:g_xcvr.sv_xcvr_pipe_native|sv_xcvr_native:inst_sv_xcvr_native|sv_pma:inst_sv_pma|sv_tx_pma:tx_pma.sv_tx_pma_inst|sv_tx_pma_ch:tx_pma_insts[3].sv_tx_pma_ch_inst|tx_pma_ch.tx_pma_buf.tx_pma_buf' is not properly connected on the 'DATAOUT' port. It must be connected to one of the valid ports listed below.

Info: Can be connected to I port of stratixv_io_obuf WYSIWYG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi, I believe this is because the Quartus was referring to an incorrect file. If you are using an older version of design, but use it in a newer Quartus version, please try to remove the **.qip file from the project and add the newly generated ***.qsys file instead. Regards -SK

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel
Hi, I believe this is because the Quartus was referring to an incorrect file. If you are using an older version of design, but use it in a newer Quartus version, please try to remove the **.qip file from the project and add the newly generated ***.qsys file instead. Regards -SK
FPaol1
Beginner

​yes it works now, thanks!