FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6335 Discussions

TSE Avalon-MM interface reg_busy stuck at LL1

MRigh4
Beginner

Hello,

I have configured a TSE IP as 10/100/1000Mb Ethernet MAC with 1000base-x/SGMII PCS. To enable SGMII mode and TX and RX datapaths I need to access to the PCS registers space and MAC registers space through the Avalon-MM interface. I developed an FSM to access these registers and after reset, my FSM waits for the reg_busy signal to go low, before attempting any access (read or write). The problem is that the reg_busy signal, driven by the TSE never goes down, so I can't access the registers. The tse is clocked with an external oscillator at 125MHz, which is also used to clock the SignalTap (see attached file). Where am I wrong? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Reg_busy is status output signal from TSE IP. You are right, it should go low eventually.

·        Perhaps you want to review your TSE design connection and initialization process and your board clocking and reset condition again.

A good debug approach will be to compare your TSE design with below reference design to aid in debug process

·        Generate TSE simulation example design from TSE IP directly. Then you can run modelsim simulation to learn more about the expected TSE IP signal behaviour

·        Or you can also refer to below TSE hardware reference design as guideline

o   https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an647.pdf

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I have not hear back from you for some time.

Hopefully you are doing well with your debug progress.

For now, I am setting this case to closure. Feel free to post new forum thread if you still have enquiry in future.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos