FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5886 Discussions

TSE Avalon-MM interface reg_busy stuck at LL1

MRigh4
Beginner

Hello,

I have configured a TSE IP as 10/100/1000Mb Ethernet MAC with 1000base-x/SGMII PCS. To enable SGMII mode and TX and RX datapaths I need to access to the PCS registers space and MAC registers space through the Avalon-MM interface. I developed an FSM to access these registers and after reset, my FSM waits for the reg_busy signal to go low, before attempting any access (read or write). The problem is that the reg_busy signal, driven by the TSE never goes down, so I can't access the registers. The tse is clocked with an external oscillator at 125MHz, which is also used to clock the SignalTap (see attached file). Where am I wrong? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Reg_busy is status output signal from TSE IP. You are right, it should go low eventually.

·        Perhaps you want to review your TSE design connection and initialization process and your board clocking and reset condition again.

A good debug approach will be to compare your TSE design with below reference design to aid in debug process

·        Generate TSE simulation example design from TSE IP directly. Then you can run modelsim simulation to learn more about the expected TSE IP signal behaviour

·        Or you can also refer to below TSE hardware reference design as guideline

o   https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an647.pdf

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

Deshi_Intel

HI,

I have not hear back from you for some time.

Hopefully you are doing well with your debug progress.

For now, I am setting this case to closure. Feel free to post new forum thread if you still have enquiry in future.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim