FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

TSE IP ( discard frame during transmitting )

ZBinH
Beginner

ff_tx_err --> Transmit frame error. Assert this signal with the final byte in theframe to indicate that the transmit frame is invalid. The MAC function forwards the invalid frame to the GMII with an error.

I tried to discard frame by asserted ff_tx_err, but it dose not work.

How can i discard frame during transmit it ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Can you help us to understand your intention and elaborate further what function is not working here ?

1. Are you trying to feedback when you assert ff_tx_err, you don't see TSE MAC output corresponding MII_tx_err or GMII_tx_err signal as expected ?
  • If this is the case, can you verify whether you have asserted the ff_tx_eop signal as well ?
  1. Or you just want to find out how to discard certain data traffic packet in Tx transmission ?
  • Then you can use the write enable signal (ff_tx_wren) to discard certain data byte transfer as well

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
ZBinH
Beginner

2- Or you just want to find out how to discard certain data traffic packet in Tx transmission ?

yes

I would like to discard ( whole frame not just certain data ) during transmitting.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

ok, you want to discard whole frame then asserting ff_tx_err is fine. Then back to my question 1.

So, can you explain further what's not working when you asserted ff_tx_err ?

• Are you don't see TSE MAC output corresponding MII_tx_err or GMII_tx_err signal as expected ?
  • Have you verified whether you have asserted the ff_tx_eop signal as well ?
  • Do you have simulation waveform to share with us to show us your issue ?

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I have not hear back from you for one month.

Hopefully you are doing fine at your side and able to proceed with your project development.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos