FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

TSE RX Problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello to all, 

I´d tried get my system work. But it seems to be an endloss story. 

Iám using the Triple Speed Ethernet IP with 10/100/1000 Ethernet MAC. with 2 SGDMA´s one RX one TX and Descriptor Memory... 

Sending Frames is no Problem. It works fine. But on Receive Side there are still some problems. I have init the MAC-CMD-Register with 

MACwrite(0x02,0x00000033); // enable TX_ENA and RX_ENA PROMIS_EN PAD_EN 

Then initialize the RX SGDMA  

// Set interrupts for the sgdma receive device --> IEGLOBAL, IE_DESCRIPTOR_COMPLETED Interrupt alt_avalon_sgdma_register_callback( devrx, &rx_ethernet_isr, 0x00000014, NULL ); // Create sgdma receive descriptor alt_avalon_sgdma_construct_stream_to_mem_desc( &descriptor3, &descriptor4, rxbuf, 0, 0 ); // Set up non-blocking transfer of sgdma receive descriptor alt_avalon_sgdma_do_async_transfer( devrx, &descriptor3 );  

If I try this the interrupt will never be executed. But when i change Interrupt-source to IE_ERROR the interrupt works. But where does this Error come from??? 

May you can help. 

Thanks 

Seb
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi to all. 

May be it´s helpful for other users. I solved the problem by increasing the RX/TX Fifo in the TSE MAc from 512x32 to 2048x32. I don´t know why this is key. But now the System runs perfect. The aFramesReceivedOK Counter increments with every message i sent...