FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

TSE beginner's problems

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys, 

Got a problem, would really appreciate some help. I've trying to develop with a Stratix III dev board, the project involves utilising a TSE IP. Thing is, Im fairly new to developing with FPGAs and even newer to networking, so I'm a bit lost. Currently to try and keep things simple I'm using the standard project that came with the dev kit which includes the TSE and a pair of SGDMA modules. 

Almost all of the guides and examples that I've found are a little too specific or very complex, what I'm looking for is a kinda better picture of exactly how the IP core acts, what kinda data needs to be sent to it, the fundamentals of how it needs to be programmed in Nios dev tools, etc. Sadly there doesn't seem to be many 'beginner's guides' available... any help would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks! 

- Davey
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If You want to use InterNiche TCP/IP stack, then You'll have to learn as is. Read the source, try to understand it. 

If You want to send/receive ethernet packets without using TCP/IP stack, then check UDP Offload Example from alterawiki.com
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What is the InterNiche TCP/IP stack? I've heard it mentioned a lot but not entirely sure what it is.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

What is the InterNiche TCP/IP stack? I've heard it mentioned a lot but not entirely sure what it is. 

--- Quote End ---  

check here (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=interniche+tcp+ip+stack)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

O.k, well let me generalise - how do you use the stack? There isn't any altera-related documentation on the InterNiche site. 

*ah hang about - there is some but it's not related to stratix III...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The stack is not related to any device. It is a software thing - higher level stuff.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Right, o.k. Thanks for looking into it.

0 Kudos