FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

Triple SDI RX - Clocked Video Input Interface

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I am trying to convert the output of Triple SDI RX to the Avalon Video stream using Clocked Video Input. However, I am not able to obtain any signals at the output of Clocked Video Input. The output of SDI RX is HD-SDI and it seems OK when observing with Signal Tap(1080p60). At this point, I am not sure about the connection between SDI RX and Clocked Video Input. I am using Clocked Video Input with Embedded Sync with SDI 1080p60 arrangement. I connected Clocked_Video_Intput_vid_data(19:0) to SDI_rx_data(19:0) and Clocked_Video_Input_vid_clk to SDI_rx_clk. What about Video_Clocked_Input_vid_datavalid and Video_Clocked_Input_vid_locked signals? Do I have to connect connect them data_valid signal of SDI RX? Thank you,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Were you able to fix your issue? I have the same problem. How did you make your connections between the SDI Rx core and VIP clocked video input block?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I partly solved the problem by making the connections below (using embedded sync): 

rx_clk --> vid_clk 

rx_data(19:0) --> vid_data 

rx_data_valid_out(0) --> vid_datavalid 

rx_data_valid_out(0) --> vid_locked 

I obtained video correctly, however, at this time I have an overflow issue for Video Clocked Input for every about 2 minutes. I analyzed downstream functions, but did not found anything that causes overflow.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

For vid_locked input, try connecting to trs_locked signal from the SDI Rx core instead of the datavalid signal.