FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6354 Discussions

Triple-Speed Ethernet IP - separation of PCS&PMA from the IP

OAlon
Beginner

hey,

i would like to know how can i separate PCS&PMA component from the "triple speed ethernet" and to use an external PCS&PMA componen or IP.

picture.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

If you open Triple Speed Ethernet IP GUI, in the IP core variation setting - there is setting to choose to enable MAC only without PCS.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
OAlon
Beginner

thank you for your reply,

can you guide me please, how can i connect two " Triple Speed Ethernet IP" one to each other, that one of them will be MAC only and the second will be PCS&PMA ?

the idea beyond my question is that i want to get the data between the PCS component and MAC component. it cannot be done with just one " Triple Speed Ethernet IP". and that is why i'm asking for separation between those two components.

waiting for your reply and thank you for your help !

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I suggest you refer to below TSE IP user guide doc (page 26, table 19) to learn more about the IP setting and supported configuration.

Anyway, below is AN647 application note where you can learn more about TSE example design usage and connection for your reference.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I hope I have clear your doubt.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos