FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Triple Speed Ethernet : Low data rate with Simple Socket Server exemple

ESama
Novice

Hello

I 'm using the simple_socker_server exemple proposed with the Cyclone 10GX dev kit. The FPGA card is connected to a PC through a 1 Gbps Ethernet link. The exemple is working well with out any PB. In order to evaluate the data rate performance, I added in the SSSSimpleSocketServerTask a loop to transmit 10 000 time a buffer of 1 ko with the send() function. The transfer takes 8 s to be completed. By replacing the FPGA dev kit by a socket server implemented in a PC through the same 1 Gbps Ethernet link, the transfer takes roughly 0.2 s. Where does the problem com from ?

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Etienne

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

The 8s include the board startup time? can you confirm?

BTW the C10 GX simple socket server is no longer available which, can you please check again and share with me screenshots of the design?

Regards,

0 Kudos
ESama
Novice
Hello Thank you for your answer. 8s doesn't include the board startup time: it is the real delay needed to transfer 10 Mo (the data rate obtained is roughly 10 Mbps as compared to the 1 Gbps  expected). This 8s delay is timed from both  the client side  and from the fpga side. Please, find the link below to get the whole project in a zip file. https://we.tl/t-BKf45e16g4 As compared to the original exemple given with the cyclone 10 GX dev kit, the only code modification is in the simple_socket_server.c between the lines 314 and 321. The project is suited for the Quartus pro 18.1. Very best regards Etienne Le 15/01/2020 à 09:33, Intel Forums a écrit :
0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the shared files,

I will have a look into it and will let you know.

Regards,

0 Kudos
ESama
Novice

Hi,

Any news about the "Triple Speed Ethernet" data rate problem?

Very best regards

Etienne

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Sorry, sir, I cannot download these files, can you upload it here?

0 Kudos