FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Triple Speed Ethernet - Send to PC?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all. 

I need help on further testing with the 'Using Triple Speed Ethernet on DE2-115 Boards' tutorial. 

(which is the one on the link below) 

ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/altera_material/12.0/tutorials/de2-115/using_triple_speed_ethernet.pdf 

Right now, I am trying to send data to PC (a laptop) by connecting ethernet cable between Ethernet Port 1 of DE2-115 Board and PC's LAN port. I've done everything as the same as the tutorial, and from what I understand, data will be sent from Ethernet1 port of the board to PC, where I will use Wireshark to see the incoming packets. 

However, I don't see anything coming in to PC (looking at Wireshark) when I send packets. Except the periodic standard queries and initialization. I input strings in Altera Monitor Program, press enter to send, but nothing coming in. 

So the question here is... 

if I follow the 'Using Triple Speed Ethernet on DE2-115 Boards' tutorial, 

connect Ethernet1 port of DE2-115 board with PC's LAN port, 

send data (using Altera Monitor Program) through LAN Cable, 

packets should be received normally on PC, right? 

Or are there TSE register configurations I must do to make packets be acknowledged by PC? 

Has anyone done similar project? What do I need to do? 

Thanks in advance. 

EDIT : Fixed. It was a problem with my PC hardware, not the TSE settings problem.
0 Kudos
0 Replies