FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5920 Discussions

Tripple Speed Ethernet Simulation Error :[vlog-2110] Illegal reference to <protected>

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi guys 

I want to simulate the altera TSE IP core to understand control register read write and working of the core. I have followed the method described in ug_ethernet (https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_ethernet.pdf) section 9-4 & 9-5. 

But unfortunately I am getting these errors 

# vlog -reportprogress 300 -sv /home/vinod/edatools/camera_prj/tse/simulation/submodules/mentor/altera_tse_ph_calculator.sv -work i_tse_mac # ** Warning: (vlog-2644) Conflicting semantics, "-vlog01compat" switch disables SystemVerilog support.# ** Warning: (vlog-2644) Conflicting semantics, "-vlog01compat" switch disables SystemVerilog support.# ** Error: /home/vinod/edatools/camera_prj/tse/simulation/submodules/mentor/altera_tse_ph_calculator.sv(40): (vlog-2110) Illegal reference to <protected> "<protected>".# ** Error: /home/vinod/edatools/camera_prj/tse/simulation/submodules/mentor/altera_tse_ph_calculator.sv(40): in protected region# ** Warning: /home/vinod/edatools/camera_prj/tse/simulation/submodules/mentor/altera_tse_ph_calculator.sv(176): (vlog-2644) Conflicting semantics, "-vlog01compat" switch disables SystemVerilog support.# End time: 20:27:17 on Nov 23,2016, Elapsed time: 0:00:00# Errors: 2, Warnings: 3# ** Error: /home/altera_lite/15.1/modelsim_ase/linuxaloem/vlog failed. 

I checked the altera_tse_ph_calculator.sv file also but that is encrypted. 

I am a newbie to Modelsim and don't know scripting and libraries compilation. 

FYI  

>> I have installed "Quartus Prime Version 15.1.0 Build 185 10/21/2015 SJ Lite Edition " in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. 

>> I am developing a UDP packet transmitter using Altera TSE IP core. I have generated the Tripple Speed Ethernet MAC IP core using Qsys and I'm instantiating the "tse.v" top module in my design. 

>> To do proper initial configuration of the TSE MAC IP core I need to read and write its control registers, so for that also I have written all the needed code. 

Now before putting my design on the FPGA I wanted to test it by Simulating via Altera Native Simulation.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
0 Replies