FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Urgent: Arria II GX FPGA Development Kit and PCIe

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I program the reference design(PCI express to external memory) into arria ii gx fpga development kit (http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-aiigx-pcie.html) and plug it into PCIe slot on our platform(windows CE 7). File system corrupted and all the hardware like mouse and keyboard etc can’t be used.  

However, it is working fine in cyclone iv gx transceiver starter kit (http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-cyclone-iv-starter.html) on windows CE 7 platform. Besides, the PCI express to external memory reference design programmed into Arria II GX FPGA development kit is working fine in Windows XP platform (tested in desktop). It just happen on our platform.  

FYI,  

Error message: Can’t validate the file system. Has Create Partition been run? 

I understand that it is the error message created by our platform and i also have no idea on this platform as this platform is created by someone else. .However, I am just wondering whether anyone has any clue of the root cause or face the similar problem. What are the possible reasons can cause this? Is there anything I forget to turn off make the problem happen? 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not the expert in PCIe. Is the PCIe configuration in both development board are the same? if not, what are the differences? maybe some PCIe feature is not supported in your WINCE7 platform.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for the reply. i suspect the problem comes from the flash. Whenever i load from flash, the problem occurred at mentiond. However, i try to program it using jtag (.sof) , it can run successfully. still in the process of debug it. Pls advice.  

Thanks
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try convert the sof and program the flash. It doesn't make sense to if both programming file are same.

0 Kudos