FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5987 Discussions

Using Arria 10 Transceiver native PHY IP core

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi!  

I recently bought Arria 10 SoC dev kit. I try to transfer data via SFP+ and loopback through fiber cable, with data rate 1.25Gbps. I use Arria 10 Transceiver PHY IP to perform this task.  

I read and follow the steps in the book "Arria 10 Transceiver PHY User Guide".  

In my design included : Transceiver native PHY IP core; Transceiver native PHY Reset Controller; ATX PLL.  

I have connected the PHY IP to the PLL IP Core and Reset Controller like in the User Guide. 

I used preset "Serial Rapid IO 1.25Gbps" to set the parameters for the Transceiver native PHY IP core. 

I get the optimal PMA settings for the transceiver for the best bit error rate and reliability, then i edit the file .qsf according to the parameters received as transceiver toolkit, and then recompile my project. But I get unwanted results, the data I receive is sometimes unstable.  

Can you help me solve this problem ?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does anyone know about this problem ? please, consultants help me ! 

In my design i use : Transceiver native PHY IP core; Transceiver native PHY Reset Controller; ATX PLL. 

At first i thought the problem was Analog Parameter Settings. But I used Transceiver Toolkit to get the optimal PMA settings for the transceiver for the best bit error rate and reliability.  

After many compiling i think my problem is something not quite right in my PCS or design in the core or in the transition between the two. 

Here is my design: