FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Using Arria 10 Transceiver native PHY IP core

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi!  

I recently bought Arria 10 SoC dev kit. I try to transfer data via SFP+ and loopback through fiber cable, with data rate 1.25Gbps. I use Arria 10 Transceiver PHY IP to perform this task.  

I read and follow the steps in the book "Arria 10 Transceiver PHY User Guide".  

In my design included : Transceiver native PHY IP core; Transceiver native PHY Reset Controller; ATX PLL.  

I have connected the PHY IP to the PLL IP Core and Reset Controller like in the User Guide. 

I used preset "Serial Rapid IO 1.25Gbps" to set the parameters for the Transceiver native PHY IP core. 

I get the optimal PMA settings for the transceiver for the best bit error rate and reliability, then i edit the file .qsf according to the parameters received as transceiver toolkit, and then recompile my project. But I get unwanted results, the data I receive is sometimes unstable.  

Can you help me solve this problem ?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does anyone know about this problem ? please, consultants help me ! 

In my design i use : Transceiver native PHY IP core; Transceiver native PHY Reset Controller; ATX PLL. 

At first i thought the problem was Analog Parameter Settings. But I used Transceiver Toolkit to get the optimal PMA settings for the transceiver for the best bit error rate and reliability.  

After many compiling i think my problem is something not quite right in my PCS or design in the core or in the transition between the two. 

Here is my design:
0 Kudos