FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

VHDL Version of the PCI-E High Performance Ref Design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

On the Altera website, I only found the Verilog Version of the PCI Express High Performance Reference Design, anyone have the VHDL version? Please do me a favor to send it to linshuai2012@gmail.com. Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

step 1: Create Project. 

step 2: Add vhdl Pci Express component pcie using Mega-Wizard. 

step 3: Look at folder name_project/pcie_examples/chaining_dma/  

step 4: Set pcie_example_chaining_top.vhd - top-entity file. 

It is VHDL of the PCI Express High Performance Reference Design.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I worked it out myself last week and the method were exactly that you mentioned, Thank you all the same!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi. I wonder if someone can provide more details regarding the solution offered here by 

wekolos. It's bee a few years apparently. I am trying to convert the find the pcie high performance reference design (from document an456 ) in VHDL instead of verilog. I kind of tried to follow the steps offered and I think I might have been able to generate an example design in vhdl from the tool, but the top layer that matches the eval board doesn't exist. Specifically I'm referring to top_hw.v in the reference design, or this pcie_example_chaining_top.vhd that wekolos above is talking about. it is just no where to be found. thanks
0 Kudos